Office Tour Photos
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded a technology company, ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. Were backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
If you are passionate about building and growing high performing teams, while remaining committed to your technical craft, this might be the position for you. Prior management experience is not required, however a passion for inspiring and leading others is. You prefer to succeed (and fail) through others as opposed to relying on your own accomplishments.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What youll do:
- Build, lead, and mentor a talented team of engineers to execute on projects, delight customers, and propel the business even higher into the stratosphere
- Build industry leading web applications in Ruby on Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with equally as talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Nurture our collaborative and autonomous development culture
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions
- Take on exciting scaling challenges
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and best practices in the marketing technology space
- Prior management experience and a passion for building, growing, and inspiring high performing teams.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. Ideally you acquired that in an eCommerce and/or SAAS setting.
- Strong interest and experience in Marketing Technology with foundational knowledge of products in this space including, but not limited to: AdWords, display advertising, loyalty and promotions, notifications systems (email, text, push, etc.), Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) and Data Management Platforms (DMPs).
- Strong working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Experience with microservices architecture, Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners.
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
More Jobs From