Engineering Manager - Personalization Platform
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like Home and Search as well as original playlists such as "Discover Weekly" and Daily Mix. We're a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What youll do
- Serve a group of engineers as manager through hiring, coaching, mentoring and career development
- Be a leader of one or more teams, taking accountability for delivery and technological health. This happens through technological coaching in everything from architectural vision to operational excellence and through collaboration with product management in setting and executing against the right goals
- Give leadership to other efforts that fit your passion and Spotify's needs in collaboration with other managers and engineers in the product area, tribe, mission or across Spotify
Who you are
- You thrive when helping individuals develop to be their best
- You are passionate about creative, high-scale, machine-learning driven products and the substantial challenges they can address, especially Spotify's mission to unlock the potential of human creativity
- You love staying up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in machine learning and/or distributed systems through review of research
- You understand the value of agile development in enabling highly effective teams
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.