Engineering Manager - Machine Learning
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Manager to support a team of machine learning and natural language processing specialists within our Voice Experience team. In this role, you will be instrumental in developing the team, guiding the modeling and engineering approaches, and communicating strategy and results to the broader organization.
Spotify has unique data, with rich information on the behavior of its 75+ million users across time. Unlocking this data, in combination with context signals and stated user intent (play music), to power voice-driven music and audio experiences is a huge (and fun!) challenge. You will have the opportunity to have a large impact on how this data is used to power voice interactions. The results of this effort will be used to improve the experience for users, and since youre working on our core voice stack, to create products for artists, advertising partners, and more.
Our organization of technologists, designers, and product managers is located primarily in Boston with close ties to teams in New York and Stockholm.
What youll do
- You will help build a shared team of voice engineers, and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide guidance and collaborate with engineers and product managers on natural language processing, machine learning, and engineering
- In partnership with a product manager and team of engineers, build a stack which supports voice-driven experiences and delights users across Spotify
- You will support the engineering team in formulating the technical vision and strategy for our voice technology stack
- Grow a highly effective engineering team
Who you are
- You thrive when developing great people and phenomenal products
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You have previous experience developing production-scale ML systems
- You are either an experienced manager or a senior individual contributor with strong people skills and leadership experience
- Previous industry experience with the application of natural language technology
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Youre familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings, and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music