The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to drive engineering practices within Spotifys Personalization team. Our goal is to create the best listening experiences that connect fans and creators in a personal and relevant way. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the engineering team and guiding software development to successfully match fans and creators in a personal and relevant way.
What You'll Do
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Participate in engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better engineering practices
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability and performance
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the larger engineering community
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers
- You will work from our Boston office
Who You Are
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams
- You have solid experience leading the organizational and leadership challenges that come with scaling an engineering group
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You are well versed and experienced at applying agile tools and mental models to take on the problems of an engineering organization
- You have led large scale consumer products and technology
- You are familiar with consumer facing data and machine learning driven products such as recommendation systems
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.