Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. This group features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a manager youll be leading the design and development of the infrastructure software for Starburst products, including our emerging Starburst Galaxy product and bringing Trino into a next generation SaaS offering.
- Collaborate with technical leads, management and product managers across Starburst Data.
- Manage and motivate one or more teams of software engineers focused on various aspects of the Starburst Galaxy product, focused mainly on the kubernetes platform and our complex production ecosystem.
- Drive technical direction and provide leadership and transparency in an agile environment
- Partner with other engineering leaders to find the best solution to a wide array of problems, define best practices, and build cutting-edge software
- Coach and mentor engineers of all levels, from junior engineers to technical leads
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard new engineers
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with a total of 8 years or more experience
- Experience developing SaaS/PaaS products in a production environment
- Demonstrable experience in shipping features rapidly, in a rapidly changing product.
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience with Go (Golang)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- A passion for software engineering and interest in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with HashiCorp tools
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.