With the explosive growth of SMS as a channel for customer communication, Klaviyos SMS offering is poised for market dominance. Since launching the channel in 2020, the SMS team has built a reputation for consistently delivering large and impactful features. As a new channel, SMS projects span many of Klaviyos product areas and working on them is an amazing opportunity for cross-team execution. The SMS team of engineers, product managers, and designers is a supportive and collaborative group that constantly iterates and innovates. Joining this team has significant learning and growth potential as it rapidly scales to meet business demand.
As the Senior Engineering Manager on the SMS Team you will report directly to the Sr. Director, Greg Yu. Areas of ownership include SMS Campaigns, Flows and Conversations as well as the associated infrastructure. This years roadmap has dozens of major projects including international expansion, SMS Conversations, and deeper integration with our e-commerce partners.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Responsible for driving dramatic growth in one of Klaviyos newer product areas, SMS
- This person will be directly responsible for managing up to 10 direct reports including other managers and technical leads.
- Developing SMART goals and career development plans for direct reports.
- Heavily involved in interviewing, hiring, and leveling up the team around them
- Working with the team on project planning and defining milestones, identifying dependencies, and meeting business goals.
- Working with stakeholders to understand requirements, resolve blockers, and manage expectations.
- Advising the team on system design and implementation decisions
- Sharing and evangelizing SMS industry best practices across the entire company
- Iterate and improve upon engineering wide processes like recruiting, performance development, communication, and agile development.
- This role will be in office at our Headquarters in Boston, MA (pending our return, likely to be Summer 2021)
Who You Are
- Successfully led and delivered complex projects spanning multiple quarters and multiple engineering teams.
- Scaled a team to 10+ engineers.
- Experience coaching and growing engineering managers and technical leads.
- Experience developing and rolling out engineering-wide processes.
- Experience acting as a team lead/manager in the SMS space for multiple years with an understanding of industry best practices.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The companys hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.