Engineering Manager - Data
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded a technology company, ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.6M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. Were backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B by 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
Here at ezCater, data guides our decisions every day, at all levels and in all functions. Yet, we still want to get more people more data to gain more insight! Come take the lead on getting data in and out of our Snowflake data warehouse.
Youre the kind of person who wants to find all the data and deliver it to the entire company. You understand how to build reliable systems which do that at the right velocity. Youre committed to stakeholders. You make sure their data is always available, accessible, and of appropriate quality.
Youre excited to lead a highly talented team of Data Engineers and Data Warehouse Engineers. Youre invested in them becoming better leaders and technologists under your tutelage.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What youll do:
- Make it easy for everyone to get the data they need when they need it so they can decide and act more quickly
- Design and develop new systems and tools that enable frictionless and prolific data consumption throughout the company
- Architect and deliver improvements to our ever-growing data platform
- Deliver a quality product to stakeholders: data analysts, executives, and just about everybody!
- Develop a deep understanding of our data and our business
- Coach managers and individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists
- Nurture our collaborative and autonomous development culture
- Be both a trusted advisor to the CTO and a good colleague to your peers
- Vision and well-informed opinions about how to build data infrastructure
- Built commercial-scale data pipelines and warehouses, ideally using cloud services like Snowflake and Stitch (or other ETL product), ideally with e-commerce or SaaS experience
- Expertise in writing performant SQL
- An insatiable thirst for empowering businesses through rich data
- An agile, automated, DataOps approach to data engineering
- Exposure to commercial web applications, embedded analytics, and A/B testing
- Managed five or more people
- The ability to learn quickly and make data-informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.