Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Core Services’ mission is to make it fast and easy for Twitter engineers to experiment with, build, and deliver new product features that are efficient and reliable at scale, respecting user privacy.
Our teams own the application infrastructure for tweets, users, graph relationships, and URLs that form the core building blocks of the Twitter product and internal interfaces and tools to conveniently and efficiently access Twitter data at scale, taking care of operational concerns and ensuring user privacy.
Our application infrastructure is critical to the product and must be incredibly reliable and scale to millions of requests per second.
Working together on building and operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rare and rewarding challenge. We are a tightly-knit and supportive group that loves doing great work together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the team responsible for the entire lifecycle of Twitter Users and Graph relationships
- Drive the team’s technical strategy and roadmap – crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with many engineering teams, product management, and other functions to develop best-in-class solutions
- Coach and mentor your team and support their professional growth and development
At Twitter, you can have a truly global impact.
We're looking for someone who:
- has excellent communication skills
- has strong empathy for internal customers
- has a track record of delivering new products and iteratively improving them over time
- has experience in API design, distributed systems, and microservice architecture
- has the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and help drive incident resolution
- Can recruit, hire, and retain strong engineering talent
- has experience in performance management, career development, etc
- is a strong advocate of software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery, and reducing technical debt
- have experience building organizational alignment
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- Minimum of 2 years in software engineering management
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Have worked as a software developer
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From