We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Care Management team within our athenaClinicals Product Development organization. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are passionate about the essentials of software development and possess the burning desire to build effective teams and drive team culture in new directions. You are committed to not only building high-functioning teams, but also growing our engineers along their career paths. You are an effective communicator, who instills trust while driving vision & purpose. You balance priorities among partners, while ensuring accountability and results.
Our athenaClinicals team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
The Team: The care management team is building tools that will help deliver outcome-changing care management services to vulnerable patient populations. Patients live most of their lives outside the walls of the hospital or doctors office, and care management is all about meeting patients where they are at and keeping them healthy between appointments. Come join this fast-growing team that is working hard to meet the fast-growing market demand.
- Provide managerial oversight teams to deliver products, considering both individual performance and team goals and ensuring alignment with the overall product line objectives
- Develop your team to grow them as engineers and as people, to make their development positions at athena their best job ever
- Maintain technical knowledge of product architecture and connective dependencies; ensure delivery of quality releases in partnership with product management
- Experience years of leading teams in a technical environment
- Expertise in modern programming object-oriented languages, knowledge of Unix/Linux, relational databases, and various other technologies like modern JS frameworks and other based technologies
- Agile know-how very helpful
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.