Engineering Manager – Operational Systems & Logistics
- At Zipcar, we have a brand new next-gen car-sharing IoT platform using latest cutting-edge technologies. We have engineered our build and development processes for speed and time to market.
- Microservice architecture using RabbitMQ for internal communication, with services mainly written for the JDK (Java/Groovy/Kotlin) and Ruby
- Responsive client applications built on ReactJS, Redux, and TypeScript
- Native mobile applications on Android and iOS
- Continuous integration and deployment, using technologies including AWS, Concourse, Docker, and BOSH
- Data technologies like Data lakes, EMR, Cassandra, and Apache Spark to make informed business decisions
- Be a thought leader to the engineering team and help shape ideas to full blown solutions
- Promote Agile thinking and solutioning within teams and apply pragmatic agile processes to the solution
- Lead and manage software engineering agile teams who develop software and applications throughout the product lifecycle
- Excellent communicator, who can articulate complex business problems and technical issues in a simple language
- Serve as a technical leader and coach your direct reports
- Work with Product owners to help unblock technical impediments and other team’s dependencies
- Oversee project delivery to ensure teams produce robust, elegant, and scalable software that performs well under high load.
- Build and retain a high-performing, collaborative, and empowered engineering team.
- 5-7 years of experience as a hands-on senior software engineer/Architect and engineering team leader.
- Atleast 2 years of experience, directly managing and growing both high potential software engineers
- Experience leading large scale mobile application or web development using any modern framework like React, Angular, Vue.Js, D3.js, iOS/Android, React Native
- Strong passion for developing highly scalable business applications which can transform mid-size/large scale enterprise
. Prior working experience in startups is highly desirable
- Strong command for Mobile / Web development processes (either one)
- Successful track record operating in an agile software environment.
- Track record of building customer empathy, advocacy, and sense of urgency within engineering teams.
- Strong drive to solve complex software problems in service to delivering customer and business outcomes.
- Very comfortable working through ambiguity and can help the teams break down work for iterative delivery to reduce risk and provide value more quickly for our members and our business.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and spoken, and can communicate technical concepts and details to non-technical people.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes