Wayfairs Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering team is identifying marketing software to see how customers interact with us on the website. We are using cutting edge intelligent systems, big data at scale, and world class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business. We are looking at real-time tracking and personalization to engage millions of shoppers daily with goals to drive business growth, customer retention, and product scalability.
Ad Tech is responsible for the development of all Wayfair proprietary Ad Tech, continuously delivering solutions which outperform all available commercial alternatives including:
- Keyword search optimization for hundreds of millions of dollars of annual ad spend and a product catalog with millions of distinct products.
- Display retargeting to outperform specialized industry leaders, fueled by real-time product recommendations and user-level bidding.
- Intelligent campaign automation that exceeds the configurability, intuitions and power of commercial alternatives, enabling Wayfair to get the perfect content in front of each user with the best timing and optimal channel, for hundreds of concurrent campaigns and tens of millions of customers.
Customer Intelligence provides the underpinnings for our award winning ad tech as well as customer analytics and personalization for the entire customer experience. We are responsible for:
- The development of an industry-best tracking event bus and curation of a holistic customer file, making hundreds of data points available for real-time consumption.
- Delivering systems which allow for real-time product and content recommendations at large scale, enabled by the best combination of configurability and machine learning.
What You'll Do
We believe in the right tool for the right job. As such, we leverage Java for big data and stream processing at scale, and Python for our systems with a large machine learning component. Youll find that open source frameworks such as Apache Spark, Storm and Kafka comprise a large part of our infrastructure and we balance the adoption of new technologies to fill a need with a pragmatic focus that allows us to be extremely effective at delivering large value to the business in a timely manner.
As a Engineering Manager, you will join one of our core platform teams as a key contributor to the development of our technology and will be expected to:
- Lead a team ranging from 2+ software engineers.
- Work with senior leadership to architect solution and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner.
- Identify and deliver solutions that push the boundaries if our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence team to achieve platform and business goals.
- Provide high quality contributions to the code base, with a mind to best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, other Engineering discipline or Data Science, with ten (10) years experience in software development, or alternatively an MS with eight (8) years of experience. Java and / or Python experience preferred.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development preferred.
- Experience managing a team of Engineering Managers.
- Mastery leading or managing a team of software engineers and delivery of business impacting applications.
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority.
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.