TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny
We're looking for a detail-oriented, battle tested, and knowledgeable Engineering Manager who is eager to make an impact on a game-changing product in eCommerce. As an Engineering Manager with TaxJar, you will:
- Lead high performing engineering teams
- Help in sizing and hiring for existing and new teams
- Be a decision maker in a fast paced, agile environment
- Conduct 1-1s with your reports and assist them in their career growth
- Demonstrate the ability to manager in a fully remote environment
- Be the primary point of contact in TaxJar for your teams
- Protect the happiness and output of your engineers
- Run standups, retrospectives, and post-mortems
- Work with product owners to ensure the backlogs are always filled and prioritized
- Report team health and progress metrics to upper leadership
- 3 - 6 years of experience in management at start-up to mid-level companies
- A deep understanding of Ruby on Rails web applications and SaaS products
- An expert in keeping your team laser focused and protected from external distractions
- Well versed in working with product and project managers
- Ability to write clear and accurate reports on team & project metrics
- Be accountable to your reports in helping them progress in their careers
- Manage projects through Jira from epic creation to the final deployment
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Worked with agile methodologies
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
More Jobs From