Office Tour Photos
Privy enables small and medium online merchants to supercharge their ecommerce marketing and improve on-site conversion through the use of highly targeted automated email campaigns and completely customizable pop-ups, banners, flyouts, and bars. By offering unique discounts, exclusive content, sweepstakes, and more, more than 400,000 merchants using Privy see significant improvement in both email signups and sales.
Privy is a rapidly growing, successful startup that takes pride in the fact that our employees make a big impact, not just on our business, but on our customers too. We were recently named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (#3 in Boston!), and we're not slowing down any time soon!
At Privy, we're building a company that we love, and we measure our success by our customers' success. Our culture of transparency and respect empowers our team to love their work life...while also maintaining a fulfilling life of their own. We recognize that our employees work incredibly hard not only to help build Privy, but also to build the businesses of the merchants that we support. That's why we build our team with the brightest and nicest people around, and we take care to ensure every individual feels valued.
About this role:
The Engineering Manager at their core is an inspiring manager and team builder. Your job is to make everyone in the engineering department successful with the instinctive ability to fix issues that are getting in the way of success, from code review feedback to partnering closely with recruiting. If you have 10+ years of relevant experience and a passion for building and scaling engineering teams, then look no further!
What you'll do:
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Own product quality and impact to our customers by making key investments and improvements with your product and design partners
- Maintain focus on operational excellence running the team's services in production
- Recruit and hire new engineers for your team
- Provide technical leadership in software architecture
- Partner with VP of Engineering, CEO, Product and other stakeholders to develop and maintain a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate and move our company and product forward
What you'll bring:
- Passion and prior experience creating and managing a team (or teams) of engineers in a dynamic and agile environment
- An expert in JavaScipt (or similar dynamic languages); knowledge of Ruby is a plus
- A servant leader approach to leadership
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and the ability to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines
- Collaborative nature with a willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments
- Solid experience with sophisticated architecture for mission critical products
- Desire to collaborate on prospecting, recruiting and hiring at scale.
- We do thorough code reviews using GitHub pull requests. We aim for high code quality with a lightweight process.
- We practice rapid iteration - if its been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not re-inventing the wheel.
- We have a growth mindset and consider growth a part of every engineer's job, with dedicated investment time and resources to match.
- For in inside look at the engineering team culture, visit Privy's Engineering Blog.
- Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in Software Engineering
We're builders and we want to work with other builders. Many of us create music, publish art, maintain open source libraries, write blogs, found businesses, and build products.
We've got the whole package:
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity, in addition to standard perks like 401k plan
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums covered for you and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation & sick time (with 2 weeks/year minimum)
- $1,000 annual vacation reimbursement
- Flexible work hours
- Weekly team lunches and monthly team outings
- Commuter FSA
- Daily snacks, coffee and tea
- Lunch & learn presentations
- Opportunity to help small businesses flourish
- Unlimited startup war stories on demand
No recruiters please. Thanks!
See our commitment to candidates: https://engineering.privy.com/our-commitment-to-candidates/
At Privy we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and were proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.