Applause is looking for an Engineering Lead to join our team in our headquarters located in Framingham, MA office. Here in Framingham we create and maintain the heart of our business – a platform that enables our hundreds of thousands of in-the-wild testers to provide quick and meaningful feedback to the world’s largest app-creating companies. We still work like a startup in small, fast-paced, energetic groups but with all the perks of a larger organization.
As a Engineering Lead at Applause you will:
- Plan, design and develop the next generation Applause platform.
- Be a player-coach, expect to be hands on.
- Work in strong agile teams, using modern development methodologies.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and customers to deliver impactful product initiatives.
Be part of the success in developing Applauses’ next generation platform. You’ll be owning features from start to finish: defining, designing and building new features; deploying with the latest tools including Docker, Terraform, Mesosphere and Marathon; all as part of a feature-based agile team, within a global engineering effort, using modern development methodologies.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can – via its technology platform and managed global community of over 300,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size – including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal and Slack – rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is customer-focused, driven and passionate in creating premier experiences through well designed, tested and maintainable code-bases.
- Strikes a balance the best technical solutions with the short and long-term needs of the business; the best technical decision is not always the best business decision and vice versa
- Owns the roadmap, collaborates with the business on priorities, shaping the direction of the platform and identifying any gaps in the plan.
- Is an inspirational leader of the team, promotes Applause and Applause Engineering culture; motivates the team to buy into vision and roadmap.
- Expects, encourages, and exhibits candor, clarity, and hard data in communications.
- Is team-focused and pragmatic, who enjoys working on small, agile teams.
- 5+ years' experience building commercial software.
- 2+ years’ experience leading and managing teams.
With multiple feature-focused teams, we are looking for someone with a variety of technology skills. We’re looking for people with one or more of the following:
- Experience with one or more modern backend technologies such as Spring Boot, Express, Django, or Rails (we use a mix of Java, NodeJS, Python and Ruby)
- Experience with developing software hosted on cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or GCP (we run Mesosphere DC/OS on AWS)
- Experience with relational and No-SQL databases: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Memcached, or Redis (we use MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Memcached)
- Experience with data streams or real-time data pipelines (we do CDC and use Spark, HDFS for data analytics)