Creative Innovation Engineer
Vistaprints Customer Experience and Marketing organization serves, inspires and delights customers and helps others in our organization do the same. From the simplest interaction on our website to how people take in our advertising and communications, we are obsessed with delivering value. We know our customers needs and we strive to exceed their expectations. Touching every element of the business, were here to grow and build the Vistaprint brand, reach new audiences and offer the best possible experience for every customer.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for the implementation and support of technology-based solutions that drive efficiencies across complex workflows within Vistaprints worldwide Creative Services agency. This role has main responsibility for day-to-day support and management of a variety of tools and systems deployed throughout the Creative agency and used by graphic designers, copywriters, localization teams and marketers. This position also serves as a developer, working directly with the Creative Innovation Lead Engineer and Creative Innovation Architect, to support the development of new technology-based tools to improve creative workflows and enable asset creation at substantial scale. By regularly evaluating existing tools and workflows, this role requires the ability to audit and propose new processes (and/or tools), which enhance Creative capabilities and optimize for maximum output. This position will also serve as the key point of contact for support issues related to the Creative departments digital asset management (DAM) system.
As a partner to the Creative organization, this role will have daily interactions withCreative team members to triage support requests, troubleshoot technology issues and provide frequent communication and guidance on best practices to ensure the consistent organization and delivery of creative assets required for all of Vistaprints global marketing initiatives. Accordingly, this role requires an ability to provide excellent customer service to our internal clients and a dedication to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. The Junior Engineer will also play a key role in helping to train all Creative team members on updates to technology-based workflows, issuing regular communications to alert the organization of any planned system outages, and for organizing/executing training sessions for various tools and systems. Similarly, this individual will engage heavily with our Production Studio team members to gather feedback on tooling and to ensure all systems are meeting the objectives for improving efficiencies.
Most importantly, this individual must have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to establish strong relationships with all internal clients to become a trusted partner within the Creative and Marketing organizations, and to help drive strong adoption of new technologies and workflows across the entire organization.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best in class software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases via APIs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Frequently engage with multi-functional partners and peers across the business to gather requirements, share best practices, troubleshoot systems issues
- Lead technical contact for digital asset management (DAM) system working directly with our 3rd party support vendor to maintain and improve the DAM and related workflows
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS.
- Experience in digital publishing and production, specifically ImageMagick and/or Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with various AWS technologies, including Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic File Sharing, S3, RDS, etc.
- MacOS Server systems deployment and support.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Must have an innovation approach capable of providing unique or new ideas, thinking outside of the box and can create a vision for new solutions.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with discernment for business.
Nice to Have:
- Proven working experience in web programming. Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- 3-5 years of experience using and/or a strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- 4-6 years of experience utilizing XML & XSLT in publishing workflows
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Adequate knowledge of DAM systems and metadata modeling
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
Why Youll Love Working Here:
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, Vistabreak, to name a few! Here in Waltham, we offer a modern and collaborative office environment with a free on-site gym, fully stocked kitchens, and cold brew on tap.
You will be joining an incredibly hardworking team that is committed to continuous growth:
- A highly collaborative team with diverse skill-sets to learn from
- Great feedback culture
- Working directly with multi-functional partners
- Fast, accountable, engaged and empowered teams
- The chance to join a fast paced ecommerce company striving to become one of the most iconic data and analytics driven businesses of our time!
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keanes return as CEO, weve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
More Jobs From