Office Tour Photos
Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Engineering Team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Building a pricing engine capable of delivering millions of price changes to our site in under an hour to help the business stay agile at scale As an engineering manager, youll have a large impact, building the team and platform to help perfect, scale, and robustify cutting edge machine learning solutions.
What Youll do:
- Deep dive into our pricing engine
- Initial training in data science and big data manipulation
- Writing thoughtful and performant SQL and .NET code
- Build your team
- Rigorously test out new algorithms and pricing logic
- Partner with Data Science team to rapidly iterate on existing algorithms
- Partner with the Calculators team to integrate algorithms into core pipeline
Recent Algorithms Projects:
- Competitor product matching model that feeds the pricing model
- New elasticity model with pricing optimization over product groups
- New gamification model to solicit supplier discounts and optimize shelf space allocation
Who you are:
- You have a passion for solving difficult, quantitative problems
- You are interested in Data Science and solving Big Data problems
- Youre a teacher and coach. You insist on the highest standards and want to instill those values in those you lead.
- You care about technology, but you dont care about it for its own sake. Youre not married to specific tools. Youre comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems.
- Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
What youll need:
- Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 6+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From