: Embedded Systems Software Engineer
About the role:
Vecna Robotics is looking for embedded systems software engineers who are eager to develop code to control our autonomous robotic platforms. Our logistics solutions automate and streamline the transport and flow of materials through some of today's largest materials handling facilities. You will join a diverse team that is dedicated to making real world impacts using advanced, creative technologies. As an embedded software engineer, you will focus on designing and writing code to support hardware controls, communications interfaces, and embedded intelligence of our robotic platforms. You will also support technology growth research and new product development. This is a full-time, salaried position.
In this role you will:
- Develop embedded software to support: real-time controls & logical operations of hardware systems (motor control, power systems, sensors, actuators); hardware interfaces & communications (SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, USB, Ethernet, EtherCAT); board-level peripheral & component library development; and third party safety system configuration.
- Develop software to test, validate, and verify embedded system & subsystem functionality.
- Document all aspects of design and testing results.
- Work within a cross-functional project team structure where you collaborate with hardware engineers, software engineers, project managers, and quality assurance test engineers.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent engineering field and 2 to 5 years practical experience in embedded applications.
- Expert level skill in C and/or C++.
- Ability to troubleshoot prototype hardware.
- Ability to read, understand, and review electrical schematics.
- Proficient with standard electrical equipment including oscilloscopes, serial bus analyzers, soldering irons, and multi-meters.
- Experience with embedded software development, including testing, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some weekend and after-hours work might be required.
- Some travel to client sites might be required.
- Experience with PIC32 and/or ARM microcontroller development preferred.
- Knowledge of RTOS and real time systems preferred.
- Experience with Linux operating system preferred.
- Experience with CANOpen preferred
- Proficiency in Java or Python preferred.
- Experience with networking and scripting preferred.
- Experience with motor controllers preferred.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We empower our team to dream, build, and actualize a better world for our customers and themselves. Our employees are the cornerstone of the company – our most valuable asset. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.
More Jobs From