iRobot is in immediate need of a Senior Embedded Systems Security Engineer. iRobot leads the market in consumer robotics and enabling the smart home. Our latest Wifi-enabled products employ novel technologies, such as computer vision for navigation and identifying objects near them. Were expanding our security team to develop security features into and around those capabilities, to protect our customers information and minimize the risk of robots being hacked. We are seeking a motivated individual to partner with our engineering teams to design and build security solutions that protect new robot architectures. You would help design and build novel solutions to protect the robot itself from current and anticipated cyber threats, develop means to ensure robot integrity, and conduct security evaluations of embedded systems. You will be immersed in each robots design, full software architecture, and our security solutions.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Partner with product teams to develop leading-edge secure products
- Provide development teams with sound secure designs, proof of concept solutions, and/or design documentation
- Evaluate development plans and designs, with feedback related to secure design principles and implementation
- Identify security weaknesses in new product designs and partner with engineering teams on how to close potential vulnerabilities
- Assist in the development, deployment, and maintenance of PKI and other cryptographic systems that support robot functionality and manufacturing
- Collaborate with other Product Security team members on a variety of security matters.
Qualifications10+ years of software development, including at least 1 year as a security champion within a development team
- Significant depth in C#, .NET, and C or C++
- Linux familiarity
- Strong understanding of cryptographic and PKI systems
- Experience with PKCS11, Hardware Security Modules, and/or Trusted Platform Modules a plus
- Embedded systems or Internet of Things product security experience is a major plus
- Excellent communications and documentation skills
- Experience with Threat Modeling and Secure Software Development Lifecycle