Embedded Linux Engineer
Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is hiring an Embedded Linux Engineer to join our multidisciplinary engineering team. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who is not only a strong team player but can also mentor colleagues. The Embedded Linux Engineer will have the opportunity to collaborate across teams while maintaining PFFs Linux services. You will have a major impact on PFFs current (gita) and future consumer products.
- Develop the embedded Linux platform for current and next generation of PFF products for high throughput embedded processing.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define, design, test and maintain PFF Linux services.
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
- Bachelor Degree in CS, related or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience developing embedded devices with Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency developing kernel and system level modules for embedded Linux systems
- Experience with embedded Linux boot loaders such as uBoot
- Proficiency in C/C++ and its scope in embedded systems development
- Experience with ARM based SoC
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware using Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer.
- Experience with scripting language(s) such as Python, Bash
- Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, BLE, SPI, Serial, USB, TCP/IP and Wi-Fi
- Strong ability to work within team structure, planning and deliverables.