Superpedestrian is seeking an Embedded Firmware Test Engineer with experience in hardware, software, systems and V&V testing. You will be responsible for participating in design activities to ensure testability in production embedded systems; writing, maintaining and deploying automated testing systems and software; and assisting in hardware validation efforts. The ideal candidate should have relevant technical experience in a similar role.
What youll do:
- Participate in the development of all testing needs for all embedded systems, including design validation, production validation and agency certification.
- Develop in-product embedded C code for test support.
- Work with board manufacturer to define and create manufacturing tests for electrical hardware and software.
- Develop software to support manufacturing tests.
- Develop laptop/desktop/server-based test tools and frameworks for testing embedded software and hardware.
- Manage defect tracking and reporting.
- Develop and perform regression and release tests.
- Create and maintain test documentation (procedures and processes, tools, build and test artifacts, etc.)
What were looking for:
- BS in EE or CS, MS preferred with 3+ years of testing experience in embedded systems
- Competency in some or all of the following communication protocols: JTAG, CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, Bluetooth, 802.11, GPS/GNSS, cellular protocols
- Experience with a variety of integrated development environments
- Ability to prioritize work independently and efficiently in support of development and production timelines
- Experience with HIL and SIL testing
- Fluency in Python, with experience using Python for test automation
- Proficiency in C strongly desired
- Software life cycle experience from product conceptual development to servicing and root-causing fielded product issues
- Electronics design experience including PCB schematic and layout is a plus
- Self-starter able to evaluate business needs and order work accordingly
More Jobs From