Email Marketing Automation Specialist
EF Go Ahead Tours
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
At EF Go Ahead Tours we believe you are never too old to be a student of the world. For 30 years we have guided individuals across the globe through carefully crafted group travel. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
The marketing automation specialist is responsible for the setup and deployment of campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (currently). This position requires strong technical skills and attention to detail. They will be a key strategic partner who collaborates with marketing, internal strategic stakeholders, as well as with the creative teams. They will not only be translating audience segments and strategy into automated journeys across digital touchpoints enabled by our MarTech stack, but also be building and executing Email Marketing campaigns. They will work closely with the QA team to ensure all emails are error-free before executing the deployment. They will also work with internal teams to ensure emails are targeted to the appropriate segments and successfully execute any tests according to marketing specifications. Their utilization is dedicated 100% to marketing deliverables.
- Own, implement and manage all facets of email program implementation within SFMC.
- Plan, set up, implement, and configure email programs using HTML and AmpScript.
- Work with data extensions from SFMC for email deployment.
- Ensure data is accurate and complete for the email campaigns being executed.
- Utilize automation tools to schedule one-off and trigger programs.
- Use SQL for data staging and segmentation.
- Configure A/B testing, segmentation, and dynamic content.
- Complete rigorous QA checks on every campaign.
- Adhere to deadlines set forth by the marketing and QA teams to ensure emails are deployed in a timely manner.
- Develop and document efficiencies in current and future processes.
- Manage and maintain documentation for all assigned email programs.
- Support internal Campaign Management (marketing), data, QA, and Creative teams.
- Collaborate with team members on ways to improve internal processes and client programs.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communication, Business, Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of tactical, hands-on experience in email marketing and marketing automation, developing and implementing automated marketing campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) including, AmpScript language, Data Extensions, Automation Studio, and Journey Builder.
- Previous experience working on multiple ESPs (SendGrid, HubSpot, Marketo, Adobe, SFMC, Drip, Constant Contact) is a big asset.
- Understanding of email regulations and privacy rules is an asset.
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, platforms, databases, and email architecture is required.
- Strong SQL skills and an understanding of RDBMS systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email deployment, data, analytics, segmentation, list management, dynamic content, testing methodologies, and deliverability is a big asset.
- Previous experience with Python, C#, or any other objected-oriented language/framework is a huge plus as well.
- Self-starter who can prioritize the workload and pick up projects/tasks with little guidance.
- A team player who also works well independently, thinks creatively, solves problems, and takes initiative.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work both with remote and on-site team members, in a seamless manner, is also essential.
- Be excellent at time management and prioritization.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines; organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties.
- Be confident, self-motivated, a quick learner, and assertive.
- Be calm, cool, and collected under pressure. Having strong interpersonal skills is key.
- Be fearless of learning new systems.
- Effective planning and project/task management skills.
- Professional in both verbal and written communication.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.