Email Marketer (Sr. Email Marketing Manager)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and were profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors theyll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is looking for an experienced Email Marketer (Sr.-level, or equivalent) to improve our communication strategy by taking a holistic approach to the consumer journey and identifying new opportunities for optimization and growth. As a member of the engagement marketing team, this person will work cross-functionally to develop marketing testing strategies for maximizing performance and increasing engagement across a variety of user segments.
- Identify patterns of user behaviors across communications and develop solutions to improve engagement metrics throughout the user lifecycle
- Develop testing strategy to improve BookBubs core offering (ebook deals) and A/B test a variety of campaigns to establish the most effective method at driving LTV
- Work closely with the product team to build a seamless customer journey
- Develop triggered email campaigns personalized to user personas
- Work with analytics team to build reporting for holistic email performance monitoring
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practices for list management and deliverability
- Collaborate with production team to improve operational efficiencies to scale offerings
- Continuously drive innovation
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- At least 5+ years experience developing and analyzing email marketing campaigns including technical understanding of email deliverability, journey management, etc.
- Proven campaign management experience defining targeting and personalization strategies that drive results
- Proven lifecycle management experience driving conversions and engagement results
- Technically minded with the ability to translate between the business and technical teams
- Excellent data and analytical skills; utilizing and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results
- Relationship management skills with the ability to build strong trusted relationships with business partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives across a variety of teams
- Experience with web-based marketing applications such as ExactTarget, Mail Chimp, etc. is a plus
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or other relevant field
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at email@example.com. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.