Office Tour Photos
What Were Looking For
Motivated, curious, creative and strategic thinker who is in love with all things email design. If you scoff at every person that tells you email is dead, if youve attended email conferences for fun, or if you check reallygoodemails.com on the daily, then this is the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
At KAYAK and OpenTable, we are seeking a graphic designer with a passion for - and knowledge of - email design. You will create compelling, consumer-facing graphics and templates for use in all emails for both brands. The designer will be a part of the cross-brand KAYAK + OpenTable Creative Team, and will work out of our Cambridge office (so you can cozy up to the awesome people developing our Email Product every day).
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, excellent collaborator, user-focused, and a brand champion ready to improve and iterate our email systems and design. The role requires strong attention to detail and passion for building a consistent experience that resonates with the needs and pains of our users.
- Know and love our Brand Books.
- Conceptualize and implement design solutions that meet email marketing objectives and brand standards.
- Work with team to design internal newsletters, communications, etc.
- Recommend standard methodologies and improvements to email design and creative output
- Think through existing and new email journeys, always with user experience at the forefront, making recommendations on improvements
- Think innovatively and quickly deliver high-quality designs, often with multiple partners in various locations
- Keep up-to-date with email design innovations and trends
- Build designs that can be tested and measured on their ability to drive engagement (e.g. clicks, opens, unsubscribes)
- Propose and champion new, innovative concepts for email strategy
- Develop/maintain a good relationship with Product designers and Engagement Marketing team for consistency and the best guidelines for KAYAK design
- Support Creative team on campaigns, both paid and organic, as needed
- Bachelors degree in digital design or equivalent
- +5 years graphic design experience with at least 3 years focused on email design for a consumer brand at an agency or in-house
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Sketch
- Design for an email, engagement, product and brand teams with a focus on email template and design strategy.
- Possesses ample knowledge of digital/email design standard methodologies
- Shown ability to work in a team environment and respond to feedback in a productive and timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to build consistent work that adheres to brand standards
- Self-starter who can start and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Good-humored, hard-working, enthusiastic, collaborative attitude
- Travel or tech experience a plus
- Passion for design, brand, tech and travel
- UI/UX experience
- Portfolio: Samples can be several formats - a link to an online portfolio is ideal (please include URL)
Not necessary but nice to haves:
- Experience with Dreamweaver (or similar program)
- 2-3 years in HTML/CSS for email
Please submit a link to a portfolio or examples of previous design work for email.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From