Superpedestrian is seeking an experienced Hardware Design and Validation Engineer to design and lead the verification and validation of its electric vehicle systems (shared scooters and e-bikes) to ensure the company's internal quality metrics and regulatory compliance are met.
The ideal candidate will have experience with design and validation of electronic hardware and electromechanical systems involving IoT, batteries, motors and sensors.
What youll do:
- Design new and updated hardware modules as part of the Electrical team.
- Create and supervise the implementation of validation and test plans for prototype and production level electronic modules as well as complete systems.
- Hands-on execution of validation and test plans, both in Superpedestrian's own lab and at external test facilities.
- Hardware and system-level debugging of any validation and test deficiencies found.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, mechanical, firmware, manufacturing and other teams.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- BS in Electronic, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated successful experience as part of a team shipping electronic and electromechanical products in volume.
- Strong electronics knowledge at component level is a hard requirement along with experience and ability to debug noise, power quality, signal integrity, immunity issues, etc.
- Experience defining and implementing ongoing reliability and quality testing.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards and experience working with external test laboratories is a strong plus.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, energy storage (Li-ion batteries), and dynamic assemblies is a strong plus.
- Programming in embedded or scripting languages (C, Python etc.) is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment.
More Jobs From