Office Tour Photos
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What Youll Do:
This position requires mechanical and electrical skills for the assembly of radio equipment. This position requires that the assembler be flexible and able to alternate between jobs as workload dictates. The successful candidate will require 2+ years experience in the assembly of mechanical and electronic components. Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and work in a low volume, high mix manufacturing environment with build-to-print projects.
- Assembly and/or wiring of electrical cabinets, including building to print of production sub-assemblies, using blueprints and following stringent quality specifications
- Build and complete wire harness installation and final wiring of large, complex cabinets, control panels, & other electro-mechanical assemblies
- Execute in support of Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality reduce & eliminate defects, miswires, rework, etc. per stringent quality specifications
- Schedule meeting production deadlines
- Budget accurately completing jobs within allocated hours
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize next tasks when supervisor is unavailable
- Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
- Build first articles and engineering models with or without guidance or oversight
- Perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain Lean standards (6S) and safe work environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Electrical and Mechanical aptitude, and ability to manually assemble electromechanical devices of various sizes, power capabilities and applications.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams and use as an assembly guide
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
More Jobs From