Electrical Engineering Technician
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow at a rapid pace. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineering Technician who can work as a key member of our multidisciplinary product development team to build and test reliable electrical systems for our next generation products. In this role, you will support all aspects of electrical R&D, testing and manufacturing. This may include breadboarding an experiment, debugging a sensor, chasing down a short circuit, or assembling and testing PCBAs. Tasks will range from working on small test systems to fully integrated machines throughout the product design lifecycle.
What you will do:
- Build, test, and debug electrical subsystems to support R&D, prototype, and production activities.
- Provide feedback to engineering team on design and performance-related issues
- Use electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, signal generator) to test and validate systems
- Document work and implement engineering changes with minimal supervision
- Repair and rework PCBs and building cable assemblies with reliability in mind
How you will grow:
- Become the internal team expert and go-to individual on the Bevi machines
- Engage with a talented Hardware Engineering team from diverse backgrounds.
- Learn from cross-functional teams such as Software Engineering, Service Operations, Product Design, and others.
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode where personal ownership of technical deliverables contribute directly to the success of the business
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
We think you will bring:
- Formal training or education in electronics related field or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience working on mixed signal electrical systems
- Working knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Ability to read electrical schematics and test / debug circuits.
- Experience with Altium designer a plus.
- Experience with running and debugging software logic, working with microcontrollers, and tools to flash firmware onto a device
- Experience with hobby electronics or prototyping platforms such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, LabVIEW, PLCs, or similar a plus
- Proficiency in lead-free soldering, including PCBA through-hole, SMT,cables, and hot air rework
- Experience with cable assemblys
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, or other CAD experience a plus
- Strong general troubleshooting skills
- Fearlessness with figuring out or learning things you may not be familiar with
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!