Electrical Engineer - Robotics
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We seek an Electrical Engineer to join us in creating electrical systems for our next generation of robotic systems. The successful candidate will be part of and/or lead a multi-disciplinary team developing microcontroller based robotic platforms with emphasis on sensors, motion control, power, and user interfaces. Applicants must have a proven track record of developing products and successfully transitioning them into production. This position requires both excellent design skills and demonstrated technical leadership ability. Some limited domestic travel may be required.
- Take inputs from customers (both internal and external) and generate sub-system requirements.
- Transform tested conceptual solutions into robust product designs in coordination with engineering, operations, the customer and contract manufacturers.
- Design and release PCBs and cable assemblies using Altium.
- Develop production and support documentation including bills of material (BOMs), assembly drawings, and maintenance instructions.
- Work with our suppliers, technicians, contract manufacturers, and shippers to guarantee that the right electromechanical system is assembled and functional in the right place at the right time.
- Perform test and verification of prototype systems.
- Perform system design analyses, including reliability, design-for-manufacture, design-for-assembly, cost-takeout, etc.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of related work experience
- Low noise, discrete analog circuit design
- DC brush and brushless motor control
- Infrared sensor design challenges and solutions
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor based embedded design
- High-volume/low-cost consumer product design and manufacturing experience
- Design for EMC/ESD immunity
- Smart batteries, battery charging
- Mobile robotic systems
- DC-to-DC regulators and switching regulators
- Ethernet and WiFi
- RF Design
- Regulatory compliance