Were looking for an experienced electrical engineer to lead the design, optimization, and execution of all embedded hardware development. The work will require highly integrated and innovative design with the likelihood of generating IP along the way. You should have a solid knowledge of the iterative product development cycle with proven expertise in modern communications technologies like Bluetooth, LTE for mobile devices, positioning technologies like GPS and GNSS, WiFi and NFC. This is not an RF design position, but a solid understanding of antenna basics will be extremely valuable. Ideally you would also have experience in one or more of the following: electro-mechanical systems; power electronics; hardware-based machine learning; ADAS; vision systems. Our ideal candidate is a passionate technical leader who brings the expertise and confidence of a veteran electrical engineer as well as an infectious enthusiasm to create.
What you'll do:
- Lead design and development of radio and positioning products associated with our fleet scooter platform.
- Contribute to electrical design from concept to detailed design to full-scale manufacturing.
- Design and develop tests for the validation, qualification and manufacturing of radio module boards.
- Ideate and supervise the appropriate test methods for both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in intra-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, product, and manufacturing, as well as other teams.
What you'll bring:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience designing embedded telecommunications products using technologies like Bluetooth (BLE/5.0), WiFi, LTE Cat-M1 or NB-IoT, NFC, LoRa, and GPS/GNSS/Galileo.
- Demonstrated successful experience bringing an IoT or radio module product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to production manufacturing to sustaining support and engineering.
- Proficiency in circuit design and layout (Altium experience highly valued).
- Extensive experience designing microcontroller systems with multiple communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, serial, etc).
- Experience designing edge computing platforms for cloud communications a plus.
- Experience processing and analyzing data emitted from embedded systems through modern data analysis techniques.
- Experience bringing products through EMC certification process.
- Working knowledge of C or C++ programming languages in an embedded environment.
- Experience with hands-on projects and fluency with workshop tools.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.