Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, wild-caught Alaskan salmon, and wild-caught scallops directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
Who You Are
The Editorial Content Associate is a new role that is part of the Editorial Content team, which is part of the larger ButcherBox Marketing team. They will be responsible for supporting and helping to manage content marketing channels, including the ButcherBox blog (Just Cook), YouTube, and other potential future media channels. More than anything, the ideal candidate loves telling amazing stories.
We are looking for someone passionate about writing and editing who has had experience working in CMS systems, has some knowledge of SEO and YouTube, understands both the challenges and opportunities inherent in building a brand media entity, and can argue—correctly—about the use of the Oxford comma. Must also be able to articulate the important distinction between paprika and smoked paprika.
- Planning, writing, editing, and producing editorial content to support our multi-channel, owned media strategy which includes original content, YouTube videos, emails, newsletters, social, etc.
- Maintaining our content calendar in partnership with our creative, culinary, email, social, and video teams. Working with our stable of freelancers as part of this process.
- Uploading content and helping maintain our CMS system
- Using analytics to track content performance, identify trends, and find new opportunities for content
- Assisting culinary team with recipe planning, creation, publication
- 3+ years of editorial writing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to collaborate with partners across various marketing teams
- Possesses some creative initiative and is comfortable working under editorial timelines
- Some understanding of SEO with knowledge of Google Analytics, WordPress, and other content programs
- A background in food writing
- A basic understanding of Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related degree
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. All of our thoughts and actions revolve around the lenses of our core values, which are accountable, authentic, humble, relentless improvement, and member-obsessed. We also value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, employee stock options, and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From