Editor Acquisitions - OSCON & Open Source Conference
About Your team
As a vital member of the content team, you will create and execute on the content strategy for the open source space - signing new titles/products, as well as chairing OSCON, our annual Open Source Conference. Content acquisitions are limitless but currently include video, online training courses, in-person trainings, blog posts, books, and audio content. You will work with product, curriculum design, and production teams to deliver on our learning promise.
About this job
You will chair OSCON, our annual open source conference which includes curating the conference program, and shaping the overall attendee experience. In addition to the annual event, you will focus on building outstanding learning content for our platform, events, and book publishing channels. You will have a deep understanding of the domain areas, the opportunities they present and sharp analytical skills to measure content performance with an eye toward continuous improvement to increase customer engagement. This position reports to the Vice President.
You will acquire new content, grow our talent network, and identify opportunities for growth. You will insure the content developed is consistently of high quality, reflecting OReillys point of view.
- Chair conferences associated with his/her topic domain(s)
- Maintain, develop and expand the OReilly content program by overseeing all acquisition, talent network building and maintenance and development work of an editorial team
- Work closely with the learning experience team to provide OReilly assets for curated products and curriculum
- Work closely with Vice President to assess and improve upon content strategy
- Set the direction and orchestrate all content plans in the domain
- Analyze and act on performance metrics for all content types
- Recommend and lead editorial efforts to pilot new content models
You are a continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong project management and relationship management skills. You enjoy learning, leading, coaching, and helping team members build their own skills to succeed. You have familiarity or willingness to learn the subject matter domains for the programs you will manage. You have a solid understanding and appreciation of the business goals and are a masterful relationship manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven acquisition record
- Ability to develop and execute on a content strategy
- Strong understanding of the business visual, goals, and strategies
- Effective written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to unravel particularly thorny content problems
- Ability to discern what makes a good learning experience, both in terms of audience and market requirements and the quality of a proposal
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, multimedia developers, project managers, marketing managers, and sales reps
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with othersinside and outside of the companyat all times