Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
As a eCommerce Merchandising Specialist, you will maintain the web pages for all incremental sales at ButcherBox. Along with creating, maintaining, and ending deals campaigns, this position is also responsible for tracking sales trends and reporting insights back to key stakeholders on the Procurement, Marketing, and Operations teams.
Profit Optimization is a newly-formed team at ButcherBox dedicated to driving value to our members through incremental sales, one-time boxes, corporate gifting, and other outlets. This team gets to view the business through a unique lens, by managing inventory and driving profit, all while helping to provide our members with products they are excited about at an incredible value.
- Manage the offerings on the Member Deals and Add Ons page
- Create all new SKUS, bundles, and product pages and make edits based on requests from marketing, customer Support, copywriting, etc.
- Work closely with the Procurement & Marketing teams for alignment on promotional plans
- Create box item mixes based on available inventory for the One Time Box flow and other sales avenues such as our Corporate Gifting plan
- Compile pending sales & shipped SKU numbers weekly to update key partners on Incremental Sales Performance
- Insert all incremental sales plans into the Demand Planning tool to keep departments across the company aware of planned future sales campaigns
- Maintain the projected daily sales sheet, track variance, and communicate out to partners
- Suggest new merchandising ideas & opportunities
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Able to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Comfortable working with and making data-driven decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and confident in balancing multiple priorities
- Ecommerce merchandising experience
- Inventory management experience
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for wellness membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.