iZotope: DSP Software Engineer
Office Tour Photos
iZotope is seeking a DSP Software Engineer for a position on our Spire product development team, creating the next-generation recording studio. You’ll be joining a cross-functional product team, responsible for the software running on the Spire Studio hardware device and our iOS/Android Spire applications. This role will be focused on bringing even more intelligence to the Spire platform through the adoption and Development of DSP.
The Spire software team is highly collaborative with a passion for high-quality code. We propose changes and solve problems together in whiteboard design sessions, give and receive feedback in detailed code reviews, and discuss testing details with our QA team. We are passionate about learning how to improve our craft, discussing ways to write better code, and always striving to become the most effective team we can be.
What drives our work and decisions is our customer. Our goal is to allow users to creature audio they are proud of, even without extensive audio production knowledge. We believe that everyone on the team should understand why we are building a feature or improving the user experience. Besides designing and writing code, expect to learn about our users to help us make informed decisions every day. You don’t need to be knowledgeable about audio production, but a passion to help our users is a must.
At iZotope, you’ll find an employee-focused work environment with flexible hours, great 401(k) and insurance plans, and a fully-functioning recording studio that you can use after hours!
What you’ll be doing:
• Collaborate with the Spire software and hardware development teams to implement new features and fix bugs in the Spire ecosystem, focusing on DSP development and integration
• Adapt and tune existing DSP algorithms, including our machine learning systems, and develop new algorithms to reach Spire product goals
• Optimize code performance to run on various platforms supported by Spire
• Work with cross product DSP engineers to improve how we implement and test DSP in all of our products
• Work with our product management, sound design, and design team to understand out users and product goals
• Maintain a high quality product through writing clean, clear code and high participation in code reviews
• Collaborate with our research team to determine how new research developments could be beneficial to Spire
What you will need:
• In depth knowledge of DSP theory and experience with practical application
• Working knowledge of machine learning techniques
• Experience developing applications in C++
• Experience with multi-threaded systems and performance tuning
• Good verbal and written communications skills for a highly collaborative environment
• Some experience in commercial application of DSP development
• Knowledge of modern software development practices, such as giving code reviews and unit testing
• Previous work in an agile environment
• Experience with Python or similar language
• Experience in web and cloud technologies
• Experience developing automated test systems for DSP
• Experience with continuous delivery
• Experience with mobile development using Kotlin and/or Swift
• Experience developing embedded applications
• A passion for music and recording