Driver/Test Vehicle Driver
XL Hybrids seeks an experienced driver to test unreleased mechanical, electrical and software configurations. The successful candidate will be professional and courteous as they represent the company while accumulating miles on the local streets with company branded hybrid vehicles. You will work and take direction from the R&D and engineering team members to validate improvements made to the Hybrid vehicle systems. Attention to detail and safety is of the upmost importance while performing tests on the next generation of connected hybrid and plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles. You should be able to communicate your observations and record the results of daily testing to share within the organization.
- Drive and accumulate mileage on corporate fleet of vehicles ranging from Class 2 vans and trucks up to Class 5 vehicles.
- Follow all Local, State and Federal laws and regulations with regard to operating motor vehicles and ensure compliance with USDOT regulations.
- Perform standard preventative maintenance on corporate fleet
- Responsible for and maintaining state inspections.
- Assist in preparing vehicles for trade shows and customer demonstrations.
- Operate vehicles on a 2WD Vehicle Chassis Dynamometer.
- Make local deliveries of vehicles or components to customers and vendors.
- Work with product managers and engineers to develop effective data collection methods to assist in the research and development of hybrid vehicle components.
- Candidate will report to the R&D Facility and Testing Manager.
Additional Responsibilities Perform component related testing.
- Help maintain a clean and orderly work environment at the facility
- Assist production on shipping kitted hybrid systems.
- A wide scope of work and responsibilities that may shift with rapidly growing areas of the business.
- Commercial Driver’s License Class B with a clean driving record within the last 3 years.
- Ability to provide clean drug testing results and pass routine tests.
- Experience driving vehicles requiring USDOT number, over 10,000lbs GVWR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express technical ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to work full time at the XL Hybrids office
- CDL Class B Driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
- Experience with operating large vehicles in automotive or heavy equipment industries.