Domestic Tax Director
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Reporting to the VP, Tax, and the Director, Domestic Tax will be responsible for managing and directing the domestic tax department on a day-to-day basis and for driving technical accuracy, precision, and best practices.
- Responsible for all Tax accounting under ASC 740.
- Manage tax audits, cash taxes, and the effective tax rate.
- Research and analyze U.S. federal and state tax issues
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to minimize U.S. taxes
- Advise business and functional leaders on tax risks/opportunities on contracts and other proposed transactions
- Prepare quantitative analysis of planning ideas and transactions to ensure proper application of U.S. tax principles and consideration of risks involved
- Assist on tax aspects of domestic and international M&A transactions
- Prepare and review U.S. tax returns
- Prepare technical and non-technical memoranda and correspondence for files and internal clients
- Research and analyze U.S. federal income tax issues related to IRS audits of international matters
- Prepare research and advocacy memoranda and protests in support of positions in tax controversies
- Analyze the impact of potential law changes on the Companys tax posture
- Responsible for managing US indirect taxes
- Assist in managing external tax advisors
- Manage and mentor a team of 4 tax professionals
- Other jobs as needed
- At least 10 years of tax experience with multinational corporations or public accounting
- At least 5 years hands on experience in ASC 740 as applied to domestic and international operations
- Ability to communicate / present issues in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the company including external auditors
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong teacher and mentor
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree (accounting preferred) and a CPA, Masters in Taxation or equivalent.