Office Tour Photos
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the
Panorama platform, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and eight departments of education. Schools use Panorama to improve student outcomes by using data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families and to build school culture.
Panorama's Account Management team partners with hundreds of school districts and charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama helps us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near-perfect renewal rate, excellent customer satisfaction, and strong year-over-year account growth our team has set a high bar. Our districts want support and expertise bringing Panoramas product to their districts. Thats where our team comes in.
About the Role:
As an Account Manager, you play a central role on the Account Management team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts in our Districts & Schools segment and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, and closing upsell opportunities and developing relationships with district leaders in districts with up to 5,000 students in an assigned territory. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panoramas value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panoramas excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of up to 150 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panoramas business.
- Develop account plans for key accounts and monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening and creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with project leads to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a thought partner to our clients.
What Were Looking For
Account Management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management with a large portfolio (100+ accounts); demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, negotiating contracts, upselling accounts, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at leading strategy for client health interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize accounts with competing priorities, such as but not limited to client requests, upcoming renewals, and project deadlines.
- Experience creatively mitgating client objections to renewal and reinforcing value add
- Ability to develop relationships with district leadership (Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, eg).
- Experience with listening to client needs and providing solutions.
- Strong interest in supporting technology for K-12 education.
Collaboration and Workload Management Skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Proven ability to balance internal work streams alongside client needs.
- Proven track record of consistently hitting or exceeding renewal and upsell goals
- Commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity and access.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From