The Grommet Discovery team is responsible for establishing new Maker Partnerships for our Discovery Platform. We seek innovation in 16 different consumer product categories throughout the world, searching for tomorrows big ideas. Were a technology company using community, digital media, and e-commerce to create sales momentum and success for new to market consumer products.
As a Discovery Manager (Buyer) you will lead our partnership and onboarding of new Makers in a selection of categories. The role has many facets, and youll have opportunity to focus on Discovery product research and partner vetting, business development, partnership negotiation, curating, and merchandising for e-commerce. You must love product innovation and entrepreneurship, taking ownership in a start-up environment, developing business and closing contractual partnerships. E-commerce partnership onboarding knowledge is helpful, and solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary.
Were building B2B and B2C programs on our launch platform to create success for Makers, and were just getting started. This is an exciting, challenging, and perhaps career defining role for the right person.
- Structure partnerships and manage The Grommet Discovery onboarding process for high potential Makers. You will identify tomorrows winning consumer products and set up success for long-term partnerships.
- Use technology, social media, and best practices for business development to establish and maintain a strong pipeline of Makers for The Grommet platform.
- Fluidly articulate The Grommets value, programs and requirements. Be able to engage Makers, both in writing and in person. Hone your skills and voice to advance relationships with potential Grommet partners.
- Provide constructive evaluations in product pitch meetings informed by sales reports, audience insights, Maker research, and the competitive landscape.
- Merchandise assortments and plan pricing strategies for new launches, and create offers that are compelling and competitive for both our Makers and our consumer supporters.
- Drive revenue growth and conversion through product mix and meaningful Maker stories.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience developing business and working with contractual partnership.
- Demonstrated insight, perspective and knowledge of consumer product launch and innovation.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively work on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines.
- Strong affinity for details, organization skills and project management skills. Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of merchandising for consumer ecommerce, digital marketing and media platforms for amplification
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with 3 - 5 years of related experience.