EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the United States to create global travel programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
EF Educational Tours is seeking a passionate, energetic and entrepreneurial Director of Web Marketing to join our Boston-based Marketing team and lead the future strategy and development of our consumer facing web properties and digital communications.
In this role, youll be responsible for setting the course for our portfolio of digital properties (including eftours.com and efexploreamerica.com) articulating a vision for how we can better use the web to grow our business, and then leading the team that helps make that vision a reality. Youll work with Marketing, Technology, Creative, and Sales teams to brainstorm and collaborate with stakeholders from around the organization - understanding their needs, uncovering interesting opportunities, and turning unique business problems into elegant web solutions.
The Director will also play an important role in to recognizing and keeping pace with the changing landscape of digital communications. Regular communication with customers one-to-one is key to our business. As we grow and evolve, harnessing the power of new channels and seamlessly connecting them to our .com experiences is business critical.
What youll do:
- Define and articulate the vision for our public-facing websites and related digital marketing capabilities
- Maximize the lead generation capabilities of our websites, growing the number teachers, parents, and students that participate in our tours each year
- Continuously adapt our website to meet the evolving needs of our market and customer
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital Media on innovation in channel selection and integration with the web
- Coordinate and maximize the value of the web-related work delivered by the Marketing, Engineering, and Creative teams
- Develop strategies and executional roll-out for personalization initiatives for our public websites
- Build consensus and alignment by being the main point of contact between all stakeholders and the Web Marketing team
- Clarify objectives, prioritize, and make complex marketing and creative decisions daily
- Transparently communicate priorities and progress, preparing the business and the market for upcoming changes/releases
- Manage our web analytics efforts, evaluating the effectiveness of new and existing features and testing efforts
- Work with the Engineering team on a daily basis, understanding the value that technology (including outside web vendor products) and development has on our websites success
- Create and execute the hiring plan to grow the Web Marketing team as needed, understanding the needs of the team, and act as point of contact thru the hiring process
- Foster a team environment that promotes improved communication among individual staff, teams, and offices
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment. Someone who excels at communicating high-level vision at an executive level, and can just as naturally get into the daily details with team members.
We also ask that you have:
- 10+ years of Marketing experience for consumer facing websites or mobile applications, with a track record of driving lead growth and successfully launching products and new website experiences
- Experience working through details with engineers, designers, marketers and copywriters on a daily basis
- Strong understanding of current and developing digital communication platforms, including social media platforms and company-specific applications
- The ability to clearly communicate product decisions and know the rationale behind them
- Strong working knowledge of online marketing technologies and SEO
- Experience with web content management systems; strong working knowledge around the integration of websites with other marketing technologies (including personalization) also a plus
- Experience executing tests and using data to develop and defend strong points of view
- Experience working in cross-functional teams including Marketing, Creative and Engineering
- Proven track record in successfully managing and growing a team
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
- Free in-house language classes
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.