Bottomline is looking for a Director of UX to join our centralized global UX group. The Director would orchestrate the evolution of customer experiences for a major line of business; partner closely with leaders in product, engineering and operations; plan and deliver a portfolio of digital offerings and improve a family of interconnected software products and services.
On joining Bottomline, the Director of UX can look forward to joining a team in a thriving, well-respected design practice with veteran leadership, and playing a key part of advancing the culture of design at our major public product company.
This position is based in our Portsmouth, NH headquarters, located between Boston, MA and Portland, ME, with flexibility to work remotely.
What you will do:
- Plan and lead design activities and teams through the complete product and service life-cycle
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including: interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content strategy, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end-to-end
- Lead partner making disciplines such as Engineering and Product Management in framing problems, discovering insights, crafting effective strategies, articulating strong experience-centered visions, defining concepts and prototypes, and guiding iterative development of new and existing offerings
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with peer leaders in partner disciplines including Product Management, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Inspire stakeholders across the business to delivery of high quality experiences spanning channels, touchpoints, and customer moments
- Provide strategic perspective on customer experience to product development partners, business line leaders, and global UX leadership
- Shape product development practices to reflect greater customer-centricity
- Build and sustain healthy, effective, and impactful design teams through hiring, talent management, and contribution to the global UX / design community within Bottomline
You should have:
- Experience designing complex digital products, services, and experiences, including web-based, mobile, desktop, agentive and embedded
- Experience planning and leading multiple / large-scale / high impact design-centered efforts to improve product and service experiences
- A background leading a team
- Experience leading change in product development methods / practices and groups
- Exceptional skills and background for design of complex business-to-business products, services, and applications
- Deep understanding of design methods and the composite user experience toolkit
- Strong leadership, facilitation and organizational skills
- Masters degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or equivalent, preferred
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness and quality
More Jobs From