We are the Presto company. Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
About the Role:
The Director of Technical Support is responsible for executing the technical support strategy and tactics that will continually improve the customer experience and build emotional loyalty allowing greater impact to overall sales and revenue. The focus is to drive the best possible customer experience resulting in high retention rates and customer loyalty whilst scaling the support team to match our rapid business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and achieve Technical Support objectives and goals to support the organizational vision.
- Manage and direct a team of Customer Support Engineers whilst planning for and implementing future growth plans as we scale and add new product lines.
- Assist in developing an annual business plan to incorporate best call centre practices to meet market and company needs.
- Ensure targeted service and performance standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Execute tactical plans and initiatives that exceed customer expectations via all relevant channels resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Establish and manage communication channels within and among departments—being the liaison to provide customer feedback to the Senior Management Team.
- Mentor and train the Customer Support team members
- Implement best practice plays and tactics for ticket deflection and KPI optimization
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field preferred
- Experience in a leadership or management role
- Previous experience with process improvement
- Experience with designing a technical support experience that drives best possible satisfaction and customer loyalty
Core Competency Requirements
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty and communicate these requirements to technical staff
Headquartered in Boston MA with an office in Warsaw, Poland and with engineers across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.