Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Sourcing and Procurement, iRobot is looking to bring on board a Strategic Sourcing Director to lead a global team of commodity managers, NPI sourcing managers and analysts.
The Strategic Sourcing Director will be responsible for driving end-to-end category leadership that includes defining and articulating a cohesive categories strategy, developing and managing a global category and sourcing management team, building and growing strategic partnerships with global manufacturers, and delivering strategic financial and operational value across the organization.
This position is a key contributor to several critical business processes and requires cross-functional collaboration across teams and geographies. Responsible for direct spend of at least $500M annually.
This position will work closely with engineering leadership and will influence product and technology roadmaps by driving key initiatives such as dual sourcing, global manufacturing footprint and enhancing partnerships with external technology and manufacturing supply partners.
What You Will Do:
- Provide leadership to iRobots Direct Material team to drive short-, medium- and long-term strategies focused on cost, performance, and culture to support iRobots global supply chain.
- Drive efficiencies to increase productivity & performance and lower function cost. Support governance structure & accountability by defining clear roles & responsibilities and decision rights.
- Lead category management activities around key KPIs material productivity, supplier performance, LTA coverage, supplier rationalization, risk reduction, supply continuity and digital strategy.
- Harmonize and take lead to resolve all urgent supply issues to mitigate risk ensure supply continuity Implement world class supply chain programs to ensure flexibility and material availability in a high growth environment.
- Lead Sourcings involvement in integration of with new product development across applicable categories Provide Sourcing leadership for launch of new products and technologies
- Lead applicable supply chain through changing regulatory & trade environment including cost & risk mitigation
- Provide Sourcing leadership has iRobot looks to globalize its manufacturing footprint and build a global organization to support the following.
- Work with the NPI community to establish technology roadmaps which identify future needs, and drive technology scouting and supplier technology sharing forums to proactively meet those future needs.
- Lead or support negotiations with select key suppliers as appropriate. Building strategic partnerships with the supply base will be a key aspect of the role
- Ensure process excellence and continuous improvement through the development of standard work and documented processes for how we select, engage, and manage suppliers through the NPI lifecycle.
- Develop an ecosystem-based approach to drive supplier innovation and surface new supplier-led technological innovations.
- Lead the development and maturation of the companies Sourcing organization through investment in training, implementation of world class Sourcing processes and tools.
- Attract skilled Sourcing and Procurement professionals and build a strong Sourcing organization.
- Understand and monitor key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, geographic considerations, and strategic importance of critical commodities in order to implement appropriate sourcing strategies to control the companys purchased material costs and to assure an adequate supply of high quality goods and services.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 15+ years of experience in supplier management, product planning, strategic sourcing, or product development in a manufacturing organization
- Strategic Sourcing leadership in a Consumer company desired.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and qualitative skills and implementation of effective sourcing metrics and objectives.
- Ability to influence/lead development teams and external suppliers to deliver results.
- Ability to gain the trust of peers and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong management skills
- Strong business and legal acumen seasoned professional required, capable of performing with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, recruit and retain talent.
- A history of personal delivery of exceptional business results and an ability to inspire others to achieve peak performance.
- Influence with passion and purpose with the ability to organize and plan, delegate responsibility and authority, lead and motivate people and maintain effective control.