Office Tour Photos
ABOUT THE ROLE
Upserve is searching for a dynamic, operations-focused Director of Strategic Programs (DSP). The Director of Strategic Programs will ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting and cross-functional implementation leadership.
In this Director of Strategic Programs role, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a software company with the Vista Equity Partners, at your back. This role will give you a front-row seat in how a company leadership team works. The DSP role has tremendous career growth opportunity, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team within the Vista portfolio. The successful DSP will minimize customer disruption, and enhance customer perception of the companys value proposition, including products and services. The candidate will ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing complex analytical support, consulting and cross-functional implementation leadership.
If you are adept at hard analytical and soft people skills, and able to adapt to rapidly changing business needs, then this job can provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. Strengths in business process assessment, measurement and re-engineering are key, as is the ability to leverage technology to implement business solutions. This is a "roll up your sleeves" organizational role; the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO:
- Work with and coordinate among effected functional executives
- Implement, coordinate, and improve software company best practices, Vista best practices, across all functional areas
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and/or accelerate company profitability and efficiency
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives
Proactive identification of issues that could impact the successful execution of the Company and leadership in resolving such issues
- Identify and elevate those issues about which the CEO should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
- Be the company representative and the voice of the CEO with external parties to resolve these issues and mitigate risk (e.g. Be the executive lead responsible for de-risking strategic customers at risk
- Be the point of contact for the company on active or potential litigation issues and keeping the CEO and executive team apprised.
- Partner with the CEO and CFO on post-M&A activities to drive acquisition integration
Act as a surrogate for the CEO in attending important meetings, calls or events that the CEO is not able to attend
- Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with Vista Equity Partners and Vista Consulting Group, including all strategic initiatives
- Coordinate interactions amongst and support to the CEO and executive leadership team as needed (e.g. be lead on setting agendas for offsites, coordinating board meeting preparations, coordinate sell side processes etc.)
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred; BA/BS required
- 5+ years experience in a combination of operations, strategy, investment banking, operations, supply chain, consulting or an equivalent field
- 3+ years proven track record of effectively interacting with executive teams and senior management
- Extensive program/project management experience
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.; an expert in spreadsheet manipulation
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month. Being a part of the Upserve team brings a plethora of amazing benefits and here are a few:
Well invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and well give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs. We care about your well being.
We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances. We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We dont ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
Weve created an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so were building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. Were building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Want to know what its like to work at Upserve? Check out our Instagram, Inside Upserve.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
More Jobs From