Director, Software Quality Assurance
Due to growth, PrismHR has an exciting opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Director, to provide both strategic and tactical leadership, direction, and management oversight to a team of 25 quality assurance professionals of diverse and complementary backgrounds, matrix-managed across our highly agile, multi-disciplinary Product Delivery Teams.
This is a senior technical leadership position reporting to our SVP of Product Delivery, expected to collaborate with product development management, product / program management, hosting operations leadership and stakeholder functions across PrismHR that have touchpoints to our product delivery engine. Collaboration opportunities will include, but are not limited to, ensuring our software release train delivers quality products on time, technology and product roadmap initiatives, process and efficiency improvements, and meaningful metrics.
The ideal candidate has managed a similarly sized software team in a highly agile environment, with measurable success drastically increasing test coverage, leveraging test automation to shorten test cycles and/or lighten manual resource dependencies, and increasing team throughput on concurrent projects in a highly fast-paced environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for PrismHR’s software quality assurance program, overseeing QA staff, and evaluating and continually improving the effectiveness of our testing practices and quality standards across up to a dozen, largely self-contained, agile-based Delivery Teams.
- Drive QA efficiency improvements and tighten testing shortfalls.
- Identify and execute upon positive-ROI test automation initiatives, covering data setup and seeding, functional regression, load/performance testing, and complete system workflow testing across PrismHR’s suite of integrated applications targeted for HR service providers.
- Ensure that PrismHR’s test asset inventory remains well organized, comprehensive, appropriately detailed, and 100% up-to-date. Ensure traceability of tests to requirements.
- Identify and implement relevant metrics to gauge the effectiveness of QA test efforts and coverage, and the success and efficiency of automation efforts.
- Collaborate with and educate peer engineering team leadership on upstream process, procedural and technical improvements that lead to QA productivity gains. Drive improvements to our overall software development model that result in a better quality experience for the end user.
- Ensure that QA test documentation, policies and procedures are maintained, are auditable, and meet the requirements of PrismHR’s SOC 2 technology compliance program.
- Continual cross-training, coaching, and career development of all QA staff.
- Ensure adequate QA coverage for “outside of business hours” release deployments and “mission critical” emergency escalations.
- Light travel (less than 10%).
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years of overall software quality assurance and/or test automation experience, including 10+ years of experience managing software testing teams, and with a track record of increasing responsibility and accomplishment.
- 5+ years of managing team(s) of 20+ engineers, with experience managing managers and geographically dispersed resources.
- 10+ years in a technical or technical management role at a SaaS or cloud software company. Prior experience with PEO, HRO, payroll or human resources software is a huge plus.
- Previous hands on experience with test automation frameworks, functional test automation, and automated load/performance testing, AND significant experience managing, growing and successfully integrating a high efficiency test automation program into mainstream development cycles. Prior Selenium experience preferred.
- Deep agile experience, preferably in a matrix-managed resource environment, with success integrating QA resources and the software testing function at all points of the software development lifecycle.
- Highly seasoned at balancing structure, process, risk management and time-to-market factors. Well practiced supporting milestone check-ins and release “go / no go” decisions with structured data.
- Experience implementing, maintaining and presenting metrics on the testing process (including coverage and effectiveness).
- Demonstrable experience with the full gamut of software testing, including unit, integration, system, user acceptance, API, and security testing. Penetration testing experience is a plus.
- Well versed with the QA tools of the trade, such as those for test management and change management systems. Experience with TestRail, Jira and Confluence is ideal.
- Previous experience running a QA program within a technology compliance framework (i.e., SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI) is a strong plus.
- Outstanding people management and peer collaboration skills. Communicates exceptionally well, emanates a positive attitude, and is a total team player. Polished presentation skills.
- Extremely well organized, with excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Strong self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline. Quality assurance, agile or project management certifications are a plus.
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply