Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Director of Software Engineering
Director, Software Engineering plays a key role in leading the design and implementation of components and features of the Interactions Core platform. The Director, Software Engineering works in close collaboration with other Engineering teams, Operations, Support, Product Owners, Professional Services and third party software vendors.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Managing Engineering teams, Dev, DevOps and QA, contributing to the Interactions Platform offerings.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation, testing and deployment.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicating within and outside the team.
- Work closely with Product Management, peers in the engineering/research/operations leadership team and other stakeholders
- Bring new technical ideas to fruition by prototyping new ideas and transforming research led projects and POCs into production ready software.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification.
- 15+ years of engineering experience working on high throughput and massively distributed systems built on Java/Linux/Python
- 5+ years of experience managing, growing and building Dev, DevOps and QA teams of 10+ people each that are distributed across multiple locations and time zones.
- Leading strong technical teams with a maniacal focus on reliability and scalability.
- Hands-on manager who can also contribute in code if the need arises.
- Experience working with the agile development methodology.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building and managing multi-tenant and secure software systems that rely on a large network of distributed micro-services
- Exposure to technologies in but not limited to domains like: messaging, databases (relational and NoSQL), LDAP, Security, Containers
- Experience working on products based on a distributed architecture deployed in multiple geo-redundant CoLo/Cloud data centers.
- Experience developing PAAS/SAAS products with 4 9s or higher uptime requirement.
- Prior experience with Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Automatic Speech Recognition, or related technologies
- Masters degree in Computer Science.
More Jobs From