Director, Social Media Marketing
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a Director of Social Media to join our exciting, growing digital team. We’re rapidly expanding our footprint through large partnerships, events, a growing subscriber base, and ecommerce. This is a great opportunity to work with all aspects of the company, from digital designers to test cooks.
The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, cooking, marketing, digital design, and video — leveraging these skills to help solidify our place as a dominant voice in the marketplace.
- Act as ATK’s Social Media leader inside and outside of the organization; drive a vision for growth based on deep industry knowledge and a passion for innovation
- Grow organic reach and traffic from all major social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country
- Build a conversion engine from social platforms using paid and organic media, iteratively optimizing creative and media strategies to lower the Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
- Lead monetization vision for YouTube, building upon annual goals for video views, ad revenue, and Amazon affiliate revenue
- Lead data and analytics efforts; present results regularly to Senior leaders within the organization
- Collaborate regularly with internal partners including Sponsorship, PR, and Books teams to meet individual goals
- At least 3+ years of successful team management experience
- Superior knowledge of the Social Media landscape including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, forums, wikis, blogs and emerging platforms
- Expertise in digital media and social marketing, with a deep understanding of how to create engaging experiences and articulate them through a multitude of social mediums including photography assets, designed assets, animations, articles, and video
- Knowledge of paid media tactics and strategies to drive leads and conversions, supported by technical expertise in pixels, retargeting, audience segmentation, and attribution
- Experiencing driving video strategy and monetization across platforms including YouTube Facebook
- Experience with Social/Digital listening, analytics tools, approaches to measurement/metrics, reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, be flexible, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage up, down and cross functionally
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with subscription or membership products is a plus