Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Video technology has never been hotter or in higher demand and our global sales team has been setting records in sales. We are growing the sales development team to maximize coverage on the opportunities in the market. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, customer centric, and team oriented Sales Development Leader. This position will be a key driver of revenue for the company and will be responsible for leading a team of ~10 Sales Development Representatives for both inbound and outbound activity.
This position requires an innovative mindset and a strong desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline while continuing to build upon and lead a high performing sales development team. Youll have the opportunity to think strategically by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable pipeline execution models, mastery of sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development. This position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Brightcove and be a driving force of our new business growth efforts.
- Hire, onboard, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps
- Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
- Own and forecast pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across the GTM Organization
- Coach and develop SDRs via weekly 1:1 meetings and monthly training
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies with processes, tools, product offerings, and employee development
- Use Salesforce.com to manage pipeline, develop regular tracking and reporting of key performance metrics and translate these metrics into implications and recommendations. Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly analysis for the sales executive team
- Develop effective coaching strategies and content for team meetings
- Train team to research, identify, contact, and qualify opportunities
- Develop, test and iterate outbound call and email scripts
- Be a respected leader while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Cultivate an open sales environment while maintaining competition and self-reliance
- This is a quota-carrying role
- At least 3-5 years of sales leadership in high technology services sales
- Strong, proven sales track record with documented growth and achievements. Experience calling on a variety of customer types.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Previous experience communicating products market advantages to key stakeholders and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information, exercise good judgment, and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing growth environment.
- Sense of humor, personal integrity, and appreciation for the power of teamwork.
- Bachelors degree or other relevant education and experience.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. The office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!