Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Director of Sales, Dealer Relations is responsible for leading and coaching a 60+ person team focused on driving revenue from an existing base of customers. This team manages roughly 15,000 accounts and is responsible for growing monthly recurring revenue from a number of channels including renewal and upsell. The Director will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the group and developing tactics to ensure efficient and effective implementation. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. The Director of Sales, Dealer Relations will need to be an expert in process management to ensure that the team has an optimal go-to-market approach across a suite of products and different revenue channels. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual that wants to take a strong team of salespeople with a ripe book of business, transform processes and drive significant revenue expansion for the overall business.
What You'll Do:
- Own and execute against all expansion and churn targets
- Forecast accurately and ensure constant pipeline generation
- Lead a team of 60+ sales-focused account managers through 5-7 managers
- Develop, track and monitor KPIs to ensure were maximizing results
- Collaborate with counterparts on the Acquisition sales team to encourage maximum customer penetration and optimal customer experience
- Implement optimal organization, process, and tactics to maximize close rates and revenue from each salespersons book of business
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, up and down the organization
- Efficiently balance all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Coordinate a repeatable daily/weekly/monthly management and selling cadence
- Focus on the ongoing career development of direct reports to help get them ready for larger challenges and future responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of our customers and product requirements
- Drive the creation of the strategic annual sales plan
- Successfully hire, on-board, and coach new team members
Who You Are:
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree
- 5+ years of sales management experience in complex environments
- Track record of success and achievement in Sales and other pursuits
- Highly analytical with the ability to balance expansion and churn targets
- High level of EQ with the ability to generate buy-in from a large sales team
- A blend of hunter/farmer with the ability to both find new business and ensure that it sticks
- Experience selling software-as-a-service or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Exceptional in understanding how to motivate an inside sales team and achieve a consistent level of intensity and focus, every single day
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Comfortable with rolling out and reinforcing both sales process and sales methodology across the team
- Flexible with change, testing new ideas, and driving decisions with data
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
- A strong collaborator who will be called upon to work closely with marketing, pricing, product, engineering and sales operations
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From