Office Tour Photos
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Manage and lead a globally distributed team of 20+ individuals responsible for revenue recognition, order management, billing, collections and sales commissions processing and reporting
- Drive revenue operations team to meet daily, monthly, and quarterly financial close responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Partner with business unit controller to ensure alignment of recurring accounting and financial disclosure deliverables
- Review customer agreements to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with relevant accounting literature and corporate policy
- Participate in revenue forecasting process, collaborating with FP&A and sales operations to deliver accurate forecasts to management on a recurring basis
- Liaise with cross functional team to complete an initiative to successfully integration multiple front-end billing and revenue recognition systems
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Lead the implementation of best practices in revenue recognition and quote to cash processing to scale our business and drive global revenue expansion
- Identify process improvements and implement changes to continuously improve efficiency and scalability, and to mitigate risk
- Work with the sales and product management teams to implement new pricing and packaging initiatives as required
- Integrate newly acquired businesses from a system and revenue recognition process standpoint
- Adhoc projects
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- Revenue accounting experience in software or technology industry strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of relevant accounting standards including ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive managerial/leadership experience
- Experience using excel for analyzing data, including using pivot tables and managing large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From