Director of Research and Development
Founded in 2004, NetBrain is the market leader disrupting the network automation space. Its ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual and software-defined networks. Today, over 2,000 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed services providers leverage NetBrain’s platform to automate network documentation, troubleshooting, and change management.
“NetBrain’s success is due to our people, and over the years, we have been fortunate to attract top talent because of our unique culture and exciting mission to transform the network management industry.” - Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain
GROW WITH US!
Working out of NetBrain’s Toronto office, this role will report directly to CEO and serve in the R&D council that oversees all R&D functions across Boston, Beijing and Toronto office. In addition, this role will be responsible for the evolution of the overall architecture for a very complex enterprise network management software, with state-of-the-art technology such as parallel computing, machine learning, and big data processing.
Besides recruiting and managing local R&D team consisting of software architects, software developers and QA engineers, additional duties include:
- Supervise architects across all NetBrain offices and ensure consistent product vision and scalable architecture foundation across the entire code base.
- Drive the right technology choices (e.g. languages, libraries, frameworks) for both immediate and long-term growth through rapid prototype and research.
- Oversee development of key software components to ensure quality and schedule.
- Implement best practices for testing, deploying, and developing code. Encourage and enforce the right developer behaviors to ensure both quality and efficiency.
- Communicate with key customers and eco-system partners to drive product integration and collaboration.
- Be an active member of industry standard body to drive open-API initiatives of NetBrain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study
- 5-7+ years of engineering experience of complex, large scale software solution
- 3+ years of management experience
- In-depth knowledge with all development platforms and key frontend/backend technologies
- Experience with machine learning, big data processing, network virtualization(SDN/NFV), network management is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on Leader