Director of Recruiting
At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Director of Recruiting will drive Hoppers global hiring efforts by owning the entire talent strategy, implementation and execution from branding, candidate experience, tools, reporting & and everything in between. Hopper strives to be an exceptional, innovative and inclusive environment and the Director will build out processes and strategies to support this.
In this role you will report to the Head of People Operations and join a strategic and collaborative group that is highly engaged with the business goals. We are excited to welcome a self-motivated, results oriented visionary builder to the team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide transformational leadership to establish and execute on a recruiting plan that delivers business results
- Administer the tools, strategies, and processes to successfully meet Hoppers global hiring demands
- Manage and motivate a team of highly engaged, passionate and hard-working recruiters and coordinators
- Drive employment brand activities and actively seek out new opportunities
- Create, distribute and monitor recruiting data to continually drive decisions
- Build relationships at all levels of leadership to understand business objectives, hiring needs and challenges
- Support the development of a strategic and creative talent sourcing plan
- And all the usual stuff that you would expect when leading a very important function within a high growing and innovative company.
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artists loft in the Mile End
Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!