Director, Product Marketing, Media
Brightcove is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices and was named one of 2018’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Video by Fast Company. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. To learn more, visit www.brightcove.com.
The Brightcove Media Business Unit is seeking an experienced product marketing leader to own the end-to-end product launch process across Brightcove’s growing portfolio of media technology platforms and solutions. Brightcove’s Media business has grown year over year, fueled by innovation in key areas at the intersection of video streaming, advertising, cloud computing and multi-platform OTT (over-the-top) applications.
The Director of Product Marketing for the Media Business Unit will work closely with Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts & Specialists (for key technologies and domains), Marketing team members, and BU and Field Leadership, to coordinate and oversee comprehensive product marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will have product marketing experience managing complex cloud platform services and technologies, a proven ability to coordinate cross-functional efforts and information, a propensity for working with field organizations and customers, and evidence of being able to reliably, consistently, quickly and effectively translate product-related information and updates into field and customer ready communications and other deliverables.
- Own and drive comprehensive product marketing efforts across the portfolio of products and solutions within the Media Business Unit
- Work closely with the Product Management and Engineering organizations to collaborate on and communicate product strategy, definition, capabilities and updates/enhancements
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts in key innovation and industry areas (e.g. Broadcast, OTT, Live) to develop and deliver product marketing materials, field training and content marketing assets
- Drive pricing and packaging of products and services by working closely with BU leadership along with Product Management, Engineering and Finance
- Partner with the global field organization to ensure that all sales representatives and account managers are armed with collateral, content, FAQs and tools to effectively drive adoption of Brightcove products and services.
- Regularly interact with customers and prospects for product feedback
- Engage with the senior product and executive leadership team to define and establish strategic product investments
- Communicate product value to internal stakeholders and customers through roadmaps, presentations, webinars, blog posts, whitepapers and other communication forums
- Coordinate competitive intelligence and analysis across the global Media Business in conjunction with personnel from Product Management and the Field organizations.
- Participate in the growth of the company by helping to reinforce company culture, recruit talent, and develop positive partner relationships
- Preference for 10+ years product marketing and/or product management and other relevant experience with companies that deliver cloud-based services or software solutions
- Preference for experience in media technology or video streaming
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven teamwork, leadership and mentorship skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Working at Brightcove:
This position is based in our Boston office. We offer a fun work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Our offices are located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables, etc. We also offer unlimited vacation — and expect you to use it!