Director, Product Marketing, Media
Brightcove Inc. is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across every connected device. The company offers a suite of products and services that reduce the complexity and increase the profitability of publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing multi-screen video. More than 5,500 customers in over 70 countries rely on Brightcove to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to their audiences including many of the world’s largest media companies and brands such as AMC, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Sky, Showtime, Gannett & Al Jazeera.
The Director of Product Marketing plays a pivotal role in driving awareness and adoption of Brightcove’s solutions by the media industry. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the opportunities at the intersection of media and tech and who is committed to building the value proposition of Brightcove’s offerings in the eyes of broadcasters, publishers, OTT services and other content owners. The candidate must be highly motivated, organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills.
- Sales Enablement - equipping Brightcove’s sales organization with the tools, data, training, product demos and opportunities to develop deep relationships with our current and future customers
- Evangelism - getting our value proposition in front of decision makers at the top companies in media via panels at industry events, thought leadership pieces on our site and industry publications, and press and analyst briefings
- Customer Marketing - collaborate with other parts of the organization on webinar development and execution, product adoption analysis and campaigns
- Strategy - collaborate with product on market segmentation and product and pricing strategy.
This is a key, highly visible role, interacting with our product, sales, finance and legal teams as well as key industry partner companies, publications and associations.
- Think through and clearly articulate the pros and cons of embracing a given marketing opportunity
- Confidently share status, next steps, timelines and recent performance of their key ongoing initiatives
- Skillfully explain Brightcove’s place in the video ecosystem and how our customers and partners work with us
- Travel when necessary to events and to partners and customers and execute flawlessly
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
Digital Media Industry Knowledge
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the major transformations impacting the digital media market including topics such as the rise of OTT (over-the-top) services, TV Everywhere (Catch Up TV), the growth of connected TVs and multi-channel advertising
- Possesses a general understanding of the major standards and technologies related to the market and should be comfortable representing the company in customer meetings as well as speaking at industry events and conferences
- 7 years experience researching, identifying, delivering complete business solutions that may include multiple technologies and service offerings
- Ability to lead cross functional teams working with sales, product management, engineering, and consulting as well as working with external technology partners to deliver complete solutions.
Go to Market Strategy and Messaging
- 7 years experience developing comprehensive go to market strategies that include: identifying specific target markets, developing effective messaging and content, researching and defining pricing strategies, working directly with sales for training and enablement and developing creative marketing programs to grow the business
- Excellent presentation, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial young company in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- Background in SaaS-style products and technology services.
Working at Brightcove
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
Brightcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in E-Verify.